Zarbee's Cough And Mucus With Zyrtec
There are no known interactions between the two products.
Can I give my 3yr old daughter (23 pounds) Zarbee's Cough and Mucus along with her Zyrtec?
Zarbee's Cough and Mucus syrup is considered safe to take with Zyrtec (cetirizine), an antihistamine, as there is no known interaction between them.
When considering drug interactions, it is important to take note of all of the active ingredients in question.
For example, Zarbee's cough syrup contains multiple active ingredients, all of which need to be considered when looking for drug interactions.
Zarbee's Cough And Mucus
There are two Zarbee's Cough and Mucus products available, a children's version and a 'baby' version.
The children's version contains the following ingredients:
- Dark honey
- English Ivy Leaf Extract
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Zinc (zinc gluconate)
The baby version contains the following:
- Organic Agave Syrup
- English Ivy Leaf Extract
The notable exclusion from the baby product is honey since most sources recommended against the use of honey in infants due to the risk of botulism.
Zyrtec With Zarbee's
None of the ingredients used in Zarbee's Cough and Mucus are known to interact with Zyrtec.
In fact, all of the active ingredients in Zarbee's products have few known drug interactions.
English ivy has no known drug interactions and while grapefruit juice is notorious for its potential effects on many drugs, grapefruit seed extract isn't thought to have the same precautions (although it has been reported to affect the blood thinner warfarin).
Additionally, taking Zyrtec and Zarbee's together isn't thought to increase the incidence of side effects for either.
To answer your question specifically, there shouldn't be a problem giving your 3-year-old daughter Zyrtec and Zarbee's together. Using both may help to improve the symptoms your daughter is experiencing more than either alone.
SummaryThere is no known interaction between Zyrtec (cetirizine) and Zarbee's Cough And Mucus products.
- ^ Zarbee's Manufacturer Website. Zarbee's
- Zarbee's Zarbee's Children's Cough And Mucus Product Information.
- Zarbee's Zarbee's Baby Cough And Mucus Product Information.
- PubMed Infant botulism: advice on avoiding feeding honey to babies and other possible risk factors.
- Natural Standard (Subscription Required) Therapeutic Research Center Natural Standard: English Ivy Monograph.
- Natural Standard (Subscription Required) Therapeutic Research Center Natural Standard: Grapefruit Monograph.
- PubMed Adverse effects by artificial grapefruit seed extract products in patients on warfarin therapy.
I have been on Xanax 0.5 mg for 4 and 1/2 years, a...Jul 09, 2019
Can you let me know if there is anything in the me...Jul 03, 2019